Saturday, October 16, 2010

welcome

So late Thursday night we welcomed into our home two year old boy twins... thus I will not be blogging for quite some time!

Just kidding, I hope!

Now I am constantly reminding myself of how Jesus interjected himself into the midst of struggling, hurt, broken people. And how I want our story to mean something... I want to change the world, maybe two little boys at a time. And it might cost me what feels like everything right now. But that is what I want. We don't want to live an easy life, That's not what we were called to do. We were called to bring healing to the broken hearted and to care for the orphan and widow.

What is a little frustrating is that many people (we love dearly) think we're crazy for doing what Jesus asks us to do. But I'm a little raw right now, so I probably shouldn't say that... But I will.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I wrote this post about reactions we got from our inlaws about adopting. I get ya sister.


http://itsalmostnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-dont-want-my-children-to-be-happy.html

What I've learned since then is that this is between them and God, not them and me. And it's up to God to change their hearts - not me. Believing that has let me let go of a lot of bitterness!