Sunday, March 28, 2010

Names

I am always on the hunt for my babies names, constantly, since about ninth grade actually.

And, I'm not gonna lie, when we found out that Tre was a boy, my only disappointment was that I knew. I had no choice, his name would be David Verne Purvis III. And don't get me wrong, I think it's so cool for him to have that history and that generational honor thing going on. I was disappointed for me more than anything. (Sometimes I am selfish, this might come as a surprise to some of you, but it's true, no pedestals here!)

Another thing thats a bit unusual about our adoption is that we are so open to so many scenarios,w e have no idea what we've got coming. Most family's know that they are going to get an infant girl, or a toddler boy, etc. We on the other hand have no idea! So, I have to come up with at least two top boy names, and two top girl names, so fun! Nows my chance!

Here are some of our thoughts so far, let me know what you think!

Girls
1. Norah (or Nora)- woman of honor
(little side not, if I were Jewish I would totally name my daughter Mae Norah, wouldn't that be funny, but still beautiful?)
2. Makeda- The beautiful Queen of Sheeba (biblical reference), Ethiopian, means vessel. I also LOVE the name Mae, and it's a family name, so we could call her Mae for short.
3. Grace- a classic and another family name (including my middle name)
4. (This one is David's)Zia- light or splendor
UPDATE: Tre jut told us he loves his sister, and her name is Evie. (I like that one too)

Boys
1. Thaddeus- a name I have loved since ninth grade, means parised, or heart, aramaic origins (Ethiopian language), also an apostle
2. Gideon- mighty warrior

We will be adding and subtracting for approximately the next year or so, so hang in there!

3 comments:

Mel said...

I guess Urkle is out? means dorkus majoris...Im kidding... I love those names, especially Gideon and Mae...
I will be brainstorming.

Courtney O. said...

I LOVE Zia and Makeda.
We have a great friend named Gideon... call him Giddy and love him. great name.

Unknown said...

i like all of them, specially Makeda (Mae) and Gideon. We had come up with Esther (Persian for star), Tobiah (Yaweh is good) and Isaac (he laughs). But i like your choices equally well, perhaps more.
Zia is really good, we could call her Zia light princess warrior ;0)
mom & dad