Saturday, June 5, 2010

Garage Sale


From day one I talked about the herd of elephants, our tribe, our people, not just our family's but our friend-family's. The other elephants we need to encourage us, to keep us moving in the drought, the ones who play with us, and cry with us. (It was in this post.) Well this weekend the herd came together and raised over $1300 towards our adoption! Can you believe it?
Some of the people that we couldn't do life without helped out so much, so many people donated to our garage sale, so many people came to help. And we were so blessed. Tears when I think about the love that surrounds us, and waits for our babies to come home to.

One of those people is Laurie. This is Laurie and her husband Bill (who brought us breakfast burritos and smiles so early in the morning!) at our garage sale.
I think Laurie did more for this than I did! She was working circles around my mom and I all day on Friday! She is the lady who cries for my baby's in Ethiopia, she is the one who prays for them, and loves them already, she is the one who I call when I think I can't take this process any longer, she is that one. I stopped by her house on Friday night, after our first day, it was about 8 pm, and she was in bed, I believe it! She worked SOOO hard for our babies. She is one of the ladies who this couldn't happen without.

My mom said it perfectly on Friday morning at about 6:30 am, she said, "I thank God for Laurie everyday, because you need two of us." And that's it, these two ladies support me and love me, they support my family, my husband, my babes, even the ones they can't hold yet. We couldn't do it without them.

Thank you to everyone who helped us this weekend, your support and love means so much to us, and we can't imagine our tribe without you in it!

No comments: